Douglas County Fair Parade
Castle Rock was named 2017’s 8th Best City to Raise a Family in Colorado in a recent study from the leading personal finance outlet WalletHub.com. You can find the full study here: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-places-to-raise-a-family-in-colorado/38264/.
To determine the most suitable places in Colorado for families to put down roots, WalletHub’s analysts compared more than 60 cities in the state across 21 key metrics. The data set ranges from housing affordability to school-system quality to unemployment rate.
Raising a Family in Castle Rock (1=Best; 31=Avg.)
- 11th– % of Families with Children Aged 0 to 17
- 13th– Median Annual Family Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 17th– Quality of School System
- 2nd – High School Graduation Rate
- 6th– Violent-Crime Rate
- 3rd– Housing Affordability
- 1st–Unemployment Rate
- 10th– Divorce Rate