As a Member of the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce, I/we recognize that membership is a privilege, and that membership brings with it the responsibility to assure that all members understand and commit to the following code of conduct. The code of conduct shall, without limitation, require members and all participants of Chamber-sponsored events and programs to:
- Abide by the Bylaws of the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce. The Bylaws serve as the governing document for all programs and will supersede all other documents.
- Refrain from publicly disparaging the business practices of fellow members and refrain from condoning or engaging in misrepresentation or unethical practices.
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honorably upon the business community and fellow Chamber members.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce, and represent the Chamber accordingly.
- Understand, support, and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce and cooperate with fellow members in the application of this Code of Conduct.
- Whenever reasonably possible, participate in the functions and activities of the Chamber, and promote the enhancement of business growth within the Castle Rock area.
- Observe the highest standards of ethics in rendering services and/or offering products for sale, based on the members’ own knowledge and expertise.
- Refrain from engaging in any practices prohibited by law or seeking unfair advantage over fellow members and conform to all laws established by Municipal, State and Federal governments for the control of said business, where applicable.
- Present a true presentation in all marketing and advertising. Goods and services shall be advertised in accordance with all Municipal, State and Federal legislation.
- Respect the role of the Chamber staff.
The Chamber is fully committed to tolerance, diversity, and respect for differences. When dealing with others, members and participants are expected to:
- Be respectful, fair and civil;
- Speak candidly and truthfully;
- Avoid all forms of harassment, illegal discrimination, threats, or violence.
I/we also understand that the failure to adhere to the professional and personal obligations of the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce, as outlined above, and defined in the Chamber Bylaws, can result in the termination of my/our membership and/or participation in Chamber-sponsored events and programs.