Reach your goals by planning backwards.
While most people try to hit their goals by planning each step in chronological order, recent studies say it’s more effective to plan in reverse — start with the end goal in mind and plan backwards in time. Researchers explain that backwards planning may have helped the study’s subjects forecast success rather than failure. If one starts at the end goal, the assumption is that efforts were successful to get there, while moving from the present to the future doesn’t necessarily assume success, and forces the goal setter to think through obstacles that might prevent it from happening. Envisioning the steps necessary to complete a goal reduces anxiety, increases confidence and leads to more effortful actions.
What is worksite wellness?
An organized initiative intended to to support the efforts of employees to reach optimal health.
Benefits for both employers and employees.
- Healthier & happier employees
- Higher morale & job satisfaction
- Positive environment for staff & customers
- Better customer service & productivity
- Easier to recruit & retain talented, dedicated staff
- Lower risk for developing chronic illnesses
- Control healthcare costs for employees & employers
Bringing worksite wellness benefits to you.
Watch the following 3-minute video to learn more about Tri-County’s worksite wellness grant initiative for local employers.